This notice outlines our handling practices with regards to cookies and related technologies inconnection with our website at www.9tlabs.com or other websites under the same second leveldomain (collectively the “Sites”).
1. What type of cookies do the Sites use?
Our Sites may use the following cookies and technologies:
Essential or Necessary Cookies
Essential or Necessary Cookies. These are Cookies that are necessary for the functioning of theonline Services. For example, they are used to enable the operation of the online Services, enableaccess to secure areas of the online Services, remember previous actions (e.g., entered textwhen navigating back to a page in the same session), remember items placed in a shoppingbasket or cart during a session, secure the Online Services and for the administration of theOnline Services (e.g., load balancing, fraud prevention). Without these Cookies, the OnlineServices would not function properly and/or 9T Labs may be unable to provide certain services.
These are Cookies that are not necessary to the operation of the Online Services, but theyenhance the use of the Online Services by remembering certain choices you may make andproviding enhanced features. For example, they are used to remember site preferences orchoices, such as remembering preferences for language, country, region or other online settingsmade (e.g., text size, fonts). These cookies and other technologies can be used to enablerequested functions such as watching a video (e.g., YouTube video) or providing comments. Theycan also be used to prevent a service(s) from being offered to you if you already received it orpreviously indicated you do not wish to receive it (e.g. requests to participate in certain types ofsurveys). If you have an account with the Online Services the information collected may beassociated with your account.
Functional Cookies also collect information about how the Online Services are used, includingwhich pages are visited most often, the browser or operating system used, where users havecome to the Online Services from, whether an item or link is viewed or used, error messages generated and whether communications 9T Labs sends are opened or read (also known asanalytics or performance Cookies). This information is used to help 9T Labs improve its onlineservices, count the number of visitors, identify usage patterns, fix issues in the online services,and make the online services easier to use. If you have an account with 9T Labs, the informationcollected may be associated with your account.
Some analytics and performance Cookies are used in connection with services provided by thirdparties, including the following:
● Google products such as Google Analytics, Google Fonts, Google Maps API. The Googleproducts may collect information about your use of the online services (including yourIP address). Information generated will be transmitted to and stored by Google onservers in the United States of America. For more information, please visit Google's site.Google also provides a browser add-on that allows you to opt-out of Google Analyticsacross all websites.
● HubSpot, which provides tools for social media marketing, content management, webanalytics, landing pages, customer support, and search engine optimization.
● Webflow, which provides software as a service for website building and hosting
● Join, which is an ATS and multiposting tool to create optimized job ads
● LiveStorm, which is a browser based online web conferencing software used to sharereal-time live streams
Targeting or Advertising Cookies
These Cookies collect information about your browsing habits and online behavior, includingacross different browsers and devices used by you, in order to serve advertisements that may beof interest to you on the Online Services and others' sites and services you may visit. Forexample, your browsing activity on the Online Services and your activities on others' sites andservices can be used to infer information about you, which can be used to make advertisementsmore relevant to you (commonly referred to as ‘interest-based advertising'). They also are usedto limit the number of times you may see an advertisement and to help measure theeffectiveness of advertising campaigns. They remember you visited the Online Services(including pages visited and links followed) and this information may be shared with otherorganizations such as advertisers and advertising networks. These cookies usually are placedby third-parties. Data collected through Functional Cookies (such as analytics and performanceCookies) also may be used, in part, to facilitate advertising.
Third Party Cookies
9T Labs may use third parties who use their own Cookies to store and/or access data relating toyour use of, and interaction with, the Online Services. For example, as referenced in Cookies –How They Are Used, 9T Labs uses analytics and advertising services provided by third partycompanies and they may set their own Cookies.
The Online Services may contain content from third parties such as Google Maps, YouTube andplugins from social media sites like Facebook ("Like" button), Twitter ("Share to Twitter") andLinkedIn. When you connect to these services, the third parties may store and/or access datausing Cookies over which 9T Labs does not have control, including their own Functional orTargeting or Advertising Cookies. If you are logged in to a social media website while visiting the Online Services the social media plugins may allow the social media website to receiveinformation that you visited the Online Services and link it to your social media account.
9T Labs does not control the Cookies used by these third party services or their policies orpractices. Please review those third parties' cookie, privacy and data sharing statements.
2. Other similar technologies
Our Sites also make use of other tracking technologies including IP addresses and/or log filesand/or web beacons, which also help us tailor our Sites to your personal needs:
● IP addresses. An IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network toidentify your computer every time you log on to the Internet. We may record IP Addresses forthe following purposes: (i) troubleshoot technical concerns, (ii) maintain website safetyand security (iii) better understand how our websites are utilised, and (iv) to better tailorcontent to your needs depending on the country you are in.
● Log Files. We (or a third party on our behalf) may collect information in the form of logsfiles that record website activity and gather statistics about a user’s browsing habits.These entries are generated anonymously, and help us gather (among other things) (i) auser’s browser type and operating system, (ii) information about a user’s session (such asthe URL they came from, the date and time they visited our website, and which pagesthey've viewed on our website and for how long), and, (iii) other similar navigational orclick-stream data.
● Web Beacons. We (or a third party on our behalf) may use web beacons (or clear GIFs) onour Sites. Web beacons (also known as “web bugs”) are small strings of code that provide amethod of delivering a graphic image on a web page for the purpose of transferring databack to us. The information collected via web beacons may include information about howa user responds to an email campaign (e.g. the time the email is opened, where does theuser link to from the email, etc.). We use web beacon information for a variety of purposes,including, site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising and email auditing andreporting, and personalization.
● ETagAn ETag is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resourcefound at a URL. If the resource at that URL changes a new and different ETag is assigned.ETags are a form of identifier.
● Embedded ScriptAn embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information aboutyour interactions with the Online Services, such as links clicked. The code is temporarilydownloaded to your device from 9T Labs or a third-party service provider and is active onlywhen you are connected to the Online Service.
3. How can I manage my cookie options?
Although this may change in a recent future, most browsers are still initially set up toautomatically accept cookies but allow you to change these settings to delete existingcookies, block future ones or alert you when they are being sent to your device. Please refer to your browser instructions to that effect. Should you modify the settings, please note,however, that you might not be able to use all the features we offer or store yourpreferences, and that some of our pages may not be displayed properly any longer.Remember that if you use different computers in different locations, you will need toensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
4. More information and definitions
If you have any questions about our Cookie Notice, you may contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.